Tuesday 25 January 2011

Wk 3 - The 52 Week Project

Ok so I'm a wee bit late, three days to be exact, but I have been a little pre-occupied.  You see I have been painting and sticking and all sorts and having a ball!  So much so that the days passed and suddenly 'oh my goodness I forgot!'  I wracked my brain, what can I post for the 52 week project?  I mean I have been curling, but I don't take my camera, I've been skiing but again, no camera!  Then this afternoon I was putting up my finished canvas in the lounge and Lovely Man caught me on camera.  As the painting has been an all consuming passion this last week it seemed fitting to record it for my Week Three of the 52 Week Project.  


This is the first canvas I have ever painted that is bigger than A4 which at first was a bit daunting!  However, I had an absolute ball.  I loved working on a bigger piece, in fact next time I go to Thunder Bay I am going to buy an even bigger one!  I am just loving doing this online art course with Tam, and I can't wait for next weeks tutorial!  In the meantime I need to work on the course journal which I am not so good at!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely - Looks even better now hung on wall. Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous. So colorful and bright. Great job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gooooooorgeous. By the way, I posted a comment already...where is it?

    Anyway, I love the painting, it's fabulous and am very proud of you.

    Also, please please please PEEEERLEAAAASE can we see a photograph of you curling..pleaase.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really is lovely. It's good to go big every now and again. Can't wait to see your Spring Goddess finished too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Rona!! The composition is really striking and the Klimt-like patterns are beautiful - great work! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment; I love to know what you think! Rona x