Friday 7 January 2011

Did You Notice?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.  Who fell at the first hurdle then?  Who?  Me, that's who!  On Sunday I gushingly posted my intention to post at least three things I am thankful for that day, EVERY night for the WHOLE month of January.  Well today my good friend Lorrie invited us all to join her on a 52 week project, check out the link for details, and this prompted me to click onto my own blog to check for comments etc. and to see what I posted last.  That's when I remembered!  On Sunday I had set my own project, invited all you good souls to join in and then forgot all about it!  Would you swallow it if I said I was thankful for being uber busy for the last four nights and therefore not able to get on my laptop?  No?  Thought not :(

So anyhow what am I thankful for today?  Well first of all I am thankful for new shoes!  Every girl likes new shoes doesn't she?  Actually, to be more precise they are new slippers but new shoes sorta sounded better!  My Studio is in the basement and it has a concrete floor which is great when you're playing with paints and wood and stuff but not so great for your tootsies when it's cold.  So Lovely Man bought me these...

They are very toastie warm and comfy!

Ok number two.  I am thankful for the Canadian postie for delivering my art stuff today.
3.  The nice people in town who stop me to tell me they love reading my column, that means so much to me to be able to give people something they enjoy.  It also does amazing things for the confidence, not only to carry on with the column but to get on and write that book I keep wittering on about!
4.  Our lovely little house here in Manitouwadge which could so easily have been a disaster given that we bought it 'unseen' (we chose it on the internet!).
5.  My guardian angel who, I'm sure, has watched over us for the last few years smoothing the way with this whole immigration thing.
6.  For my wonderful partner, AKA Lovely Man, who always makes me laugh, panders to my every whim and most of all loves me just as I am.
7.  for my Mum who continues to encourage me in everything I do - love you Mum, miss you too.
8.  for my huge network of friends, old and new, here in blogland and in 'the real world' !
9.  The snow.  I know I go on about it but I really do love it!

Ok, so I got nine!  Am I forgiven?  Ha ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment; I love to know what you think! Rona x