Thursday 25 March 2010

Butter Tarts

I seem to be on a bit of a Canadian theme at the moment so thought I'd share our Canadian cousin's recipe for Butter Tarts.  Not at all good for the waistline but they do have nuts and fruit so they're  semi healthy!!!!


Take 1 pack of shortcrust pastry (I cheat here).  Roll out to about 5mm thick cut out circles to line 24 well greased tart tins.  Whisk 2 eggs and add 1/3 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup cream, whisk together and heat until it comes to the boil, then remove from the heat.  Add 1 tspn Vanilla extract. cool a little.  Take 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I use half nuts half sultanas) divide between the tart cases.  Pour the liquid mixture into tarts just covering the fruit & nuts.  Bake at 200 degrees C until pastry golden and cooked thru.  Leave to cool completely then remove from tins.   MMMmmmmm!

I also have a fantastic raspberry pie recipe which is every bit as good as the ones sold at St Jacobs Market, which is a Mennonite market.  Check out my blog over the weekend for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment; I love to know what you think! Rona x